1. What does "Built in the USA" mean?
DEWALT understands that buying American products and building the American economy are important to our customers. DEWALT is now offering a selection of more than 600 different power tool, hand tool and accessory products that are being built right here in the USA using materials and components from all over the world.
 2. What does “global materials” mean? Where do those materials come from?
DEWALT is a global manufacturer and distributor of power tools. We currently manufacture our tools in the U.S., Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy, the U.K. and the Czech Republic, among other locations, and our products are built with materials and components from all over the globe.
 3. Why is DEWALT building products in the USA now?
DEWALT is a global brand with American roots. Our tools have always been serviced here in the USA, and select products have always been built in our U.S. factories using global materials. Now we are expanding the number of tools we build in the USA using global materials.
 4. How many products are being built in the USA?
The new line of products built in the USA with global materials includes 32 different hand tools, 48 power tools, and 562 types of accessories.
 5. Which products are being built in the USA?
DEWALT will build more than 600 different hand tools, cordless power tools and accessories in the USA, using global materials. This includes some of our most popular products such as the 20V MAX Lithium Ion Compact Drill/Driver Kit (DCD780C2) and 20V MAX Lithium Ion ¼" Impact Driver Kit (DCF885C2). For a full list of products being built in the USA with global materials, visit ToolsoftheBrave.com.
 6. How did you choose which products you would build in the USA?
Cordless products represent a large growth opportunity and are widely used by professional contractors throughout the USA. In order to provide a faster response to our customers, we chose to build some of our most popular cordless power tools here in the USA using global materials.
 7. Why are only cordless products being built in the USA? Why only specific voltages?
We feel like there are opportunities to offer users a cordless option for products built in the USA with global materials because our 18V and 20V product lines make up majority of the market in the United States.
 8. Are batteries and chargers built in the USA?
DEWALT chargers are currently built in Thailand, China and Taiwan, and our batteries are built in China, Mexico, Japan and Korea.
 9. Are the products that are built in the USA better quality or different than the products made in other countries?
Our products that are built in the USA using global materials maintain the same Guaranteed Tough quality our customers have come to know and expect from DEWALT.
 10. Are there plans to build more products in the USA? Will all products be built in the USA eventually?
We plan to continue building products in all of our facilities to their fullest potential to allow us to provide the highest quality tools at competitive prices in the marketplace.
 11. Where are the tools being built?
We moved some of our production back to the USA to respond to customer demand, starting with some of our most popular cordless power tools. Production of these cordless tools will begin in our Charlotte, North Carolina, manufacturing operations facility. The 75,000-square-foot facility straddles the border of North and South Carolina.
 12. Are there plans to open more factories in the USA?
This remains to be determined.
 13. What are the other U.S. factory locations?
DEWALT has manufacturing plants in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and Connecticut.
 14. What are the next products to be built in the USA? When will they be available?
This remains to be determined.
 15. How can I tell if the tool is built in the USA?
A DEWALT product that is built in the USA with global materials will feature a special “Built in the USA” logo on the packaging as well as on the nameplate of the tool with the product specifications.
 16. When and where can I purchase a BIUSA tool?
DEWALT began producing its first line of American-built power tools in its Charlotte, North Carolina, manufacturing operations facility in early October, using global materials; that facility will be fully up and running by November 2013. DEWALT tools that are built in the USA using global materials can be found nationally where most tools are sold.
 17. Will building products in the USA change the price I pay for the tool and why?
No. DEWALT continues to manufacture quality tools at the same end price for professionals, regardless of the manufacturing location. DEWALT distributes products as close to its consumers as possible to provide the best service and quality.
 18. Can I exchange my current tool for a BIUSA tool?
We will not implement a specific product exchange program, but each of our products will continue to come with a standard 90-day money back guarantee.
 19. How many jobs will be created with this new initiative?
Production of DEWALT products that are built in the USA with global materials at the Charlotte manufacturing operations facility will help boost the local economy in the Carolinas and create more than 250 new jobs.
 20. How can I apply for a manufacturing job?
For more information about careers and current job opportunities, please visit stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers.